Wednesday 29 April 2015

Crochet Blankets

Hellllooooo...... 

Wow the past few months have been super busy for me! 

I have been having lots of fun making blankets recently. I seem to go through phases of making a particular item, dolls, bears, hearts... and for now, baby blankets! 





This is a particular favourite of mine. I have a passion for white, drives my husband crazy, as everything i want to buy for the house is always white! I just love the fresh, clean, crispness of it! The colours inbetween really pop out against the white. And it was a great stash buster for all those colourful odd bits of yarn i had left over! I used stylecraft DK white and the colours inbetween were mainly Drops Paris Cotton. I made this doing simple rows of my favourite stitch, half double crochet.  I then did a boarder of single crochet three times. 













Next I made a traditional, vintage feeling granny square blanket. This was such a delight to whip up. No brains necessary! I used a variety of Stylecraft DK and finished the blanket off with 3 rounds of single crochet. I got these adorable labels for it from a fantastic blog called Everything Etsy.





Now this little beauty is still a work in progress. Truth be known its been a tad neglected! I started it about 6 weeks ago, then, I'm not sure what happened, but it got pushed to one side. Its the first V-Stitch blanket i have attempted. I had a look on pinterest for a little tutorial and found this one helpful, it has great photos for newbies.
I have my best friend coming to stay this weekend, she has been away travelling and living in Canada for the past 18 months, and so I'm super excited to see her and hear all her tales! And so crafting will take a back seat this weekend, however i feel setting myself the small task of finishing off this blanket is achievable! i can finish it off whilst we chat! So watch this space!




I'm soooo in love with these colours! Stylecraft do a stunning collection of colours, and these literally make me melt! Another nice, simple granny square blanket, finished off with a few single crochet rounds. Simple!








Rainbow ripples! I used the pattern/tutorial from Attic 24 to get me started. I will take a few more pictures of this little beaut soon. But i love. I mean, seriously love it! I made this one baby size, but I plan to start a 'throw' size one for my living room in the next few weeks. 

  
And lastly.... my Cath Kidston inspired granny strip blanket! The colours are all stylecraft and the pattern can be found here. You will need to translate the page. I couldn't get my laptop to translate it, but it has great photos, so i managed to use these to figure it out for myself. Its coming along nicely, i just need to pop to the wool shop for more white! (When I say 'pop' i would like to point out tat my local yarn shop is a 40 minute drive away! oh the joys of living in the Cornish countryside do have their downfalls!)

I hope you have enjoyed having a look at all my little blankets!




Toodle-Pips
x

No comments:

Post a Comment